Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Chasing Winter Blues - Surviving January


It's nearing the end of January....
usually about the time I start looking for homes in the south or west.
You know, "California dreamin' on such a winter's day!"

I never knew but there is an actually Blue Monday.
Apparently a lot of people are looking to escape the winter blahs this time of year.

We have had a very cozy January,
and I have not searched for real estate in some sunny spot!

We did a record number of puzzles this month and played a lot of board games.


There was the poker night with real money.
Even the dog joined the fun.



After the Christmas decor came down, we plastered the windows with snowflakes.


And mother nature seemed inspired to give us a dusting!



Bowling beats the winter blues.
But I couldn't help but think of all those germs.



Well the germs came much later, 
and it took the wind out of our sails for more than a week.


The family room was a hospital. 
Our bedtimes were a bit comic and nightmarish for a few days.


The strange thing about it was that it was a very quiet, calm and cozy time.
No place to go.  Just hunkering down together.
Time for some extra chores.
The floors got mopped and several cabinets were purged of their contents.



The lull in our schedule gave me some time to sew.
I found this fabric at Gabriel Brothers for half the price of JoAnns sale price.
Just enough for a couple of windows which makes for a cheery view.


I can't say enough about lighted candles.  
I keep one lit most of the time.
It warms the heart and chases away the glums.

And lastly.....
a reminder to self.....
get outside and soak up some sunshine!










4 comments:

  1. Oh Roxie! Bless those littles all sick, those pictures capture so much. I feel so inspired to light some candles. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! We are enjoying our healthy days now!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh all the poor sick kids! But it can be quite cozy just to have nowhere to go.

    I love your valances! Pretty!

    We went bowling last weekend and I will tell you....the kids were doused in hand sanitizer. Anyone even thought to touch there face or eat something and I was there, bottle in hand. Quite comical. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cozy for the first week.......! We've been enjoying our freedom now but oh the germ phobia for the Mamas!

      Delete