Join the fun at Like Mother, Like Daughter.
| Baby Babushka {Real} I don't mind washing dishes. I like pushing laundry through the washer and dryer. Folding? Sigh...... How do we tame the beast? As to taming dinner......
One detail that has helped our family is having the older children first help a younger sibling get served and settled.
Buffet style has become the norm at our house. Paper plates? Yep.
It didn't use to be this way.
This mama has become a little overwhelmed along the way!
Ten around the table, teens needing to run out the door, little ones...
Dinner - Gets - Hurried.
I'm not sure I would want to have dinner at my house some nights. Yikes!
I was inspired by Leila to take some time to make dinner special.
Get out the glass plates and light a candle!
Breathe.
What's the hurry?
|
Your babushka photo is cute!
ReplyDeleteOur 5 year old daughter loves to dress him up!
Deleteadorable baby;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I saw that laundry picture and wondered how you got into my house;) LOL!! But you have 8 kids... I only hav 4 and mine still usually looks like that!! And really it takes me 15 minutes... but it's just finding that 15 minutes when I'm not needed or needing to sit for a moment:)
I understand!!
Yes, it really does come down to just doing it. I tell myself at least it's clean! :)
DeleteGood luck on figuring how to set dinner apart from the din. Leila always has good advice... but it's tough to implement. I'm guilty of not having a real dinner if Poppa's not home!
ReplyDelete-Gwenny @ countrycatholiccitycatholic.blogspot.com
It's a challenge and the responsibility to make dinner less barbaric falls on Mom! We do our best and thank God for the rest!! :)
DeleteI meant .... and it falls on Mom!
DeleteWe have a folding "Party" once a week. Not a party really but it means we all join in and try to make light of it! :)
ReplyDeleteFolding laundry is easier if you think of it as time you get to sit down. Every day, just SIT and fold. In 20 minutes it will be done!
ReplyDeleteLove your post! Thanks for joining!