Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real


~Pretty~

 

Our two oldest met up at the Right to Life March in D.C.
Dominic captured these beautiful images of the Blessed Mother and Jesus.


Basilica of the Immaculate Conception


 

~Happy~



The children spent hours constructing a snow fort.
It has ice windows and room for standing!




~Funny~

 


His brothers thought he would make a great snow boy.
He patiently allowed them to pack the snow around him.


~Real~

Snow days are fun work.
Layering wriggling bodies of impatient little people....exhausting!


Managing snow stuff is serious business.
On snow days, it's a full time job.

"Mom, I can't find my hat!"   

 

 "Has anyone seen my gloves?"


"I'm missing a boot!"


There is always something in the process of drying.
Rotation for fair heat access is important.


This week we took action.


A couple of bags were given to charity.
Extra, wrong size items were carried to storage.


Labels!!!


Let it snow!


Come visit with us at Like Mother, Like Daughter.


 


6 comments:

  1. Roxie I am drooling over your snow gear organization scheme!! Whenever I suit up my littles for snow I know its my power hour for some heavy duty patience :) God bless your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie! It's a amazing how even a simple system cuts some of the stress. I enjoyed hanging their jackets up today and putting the dry gear in its designated spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the laundry room makeover! We were just talking about actually using our mud room for its intended purpose...instead of cardboard box storage! (The hooks are there, we just need....to clean!) I love the boys snow fort too, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how it took me getting really frustrated and then the simplicity of laundry baskets and notecards. It really is working! Why didn't I do this months ago?????

      Delete
  4. What a cute snow boy (and awesome fort)!!
    Great job on the organization -- I'm sure that makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete