We've been on a Lego kick here. The whole gang is creating a lot of interesting things thanks to Michael's new
birthday book. Legos are one of those toys that never go out of style. They are worth the investment! My boys have spent endless hours creating cars, buildings, animals......
 |
| Dominic (16) |
 |
| Dominic |
It occurred to me the other day that I wanted to thank Mr. Lego Man. What a simple design that yields so much pleasure and pain, I might add, at night when you accidentally step on a Lego mine next to a little boy's bed.
 |
| Mark (14) & Mike (12) |
We often dump them on a sheet for easier clean up or just designate a baby free room to be covered for a week or so.
 |
| Margaret (9) & Michael |
The boys love their Legos but the girls are right there with them trying new things and helping find just the right part.
 |
| Gracie (6) |
 |
| Lego Minefield |
 |
| Mark |
 |
| Desk Organizer by Mark |
 |
| J.P. (3) |
I did a little research on
Mr. Lego. Here are some interesting facts from that site:
Ole Kirk Christiansen and his son Godtfred Kirk invented LEGO.
In 1932, Ole Kirk Christiansen, master carpenter and joiner, founded his carpentry business in the village of Billund, Denmark to make stepladders, ironing boards and wooden toys. The wooden toys became Ole's most successful product.
The company adopted the name LEGO in 1934. LEGO is formed from the Danish words "LEg GOdt" meaning "play well". Ironically, in Latin the lego means "I study" or "I put together".
 |
| Michael |
So from one mother, Thank You Ole Kirk!!!
Well, you know, we are a Lego family over here. I have a Lego Anniversary clock that the boys made and sits proudly on my shelf. (They update the numbers on it every year---funny!). I have often thought of getting that book for my boys but wasn't sure if it would be inspiring for them or not. I'll have to peek at yours sometime! I love everyone's creations, they did a great job!
ReplyDeleteThe book sure has sparked an intense lego creation mania here! Now we just need more legos - ha!
ReplyDeleteLove those legos but oooooow step on one in the middle of the night and you know it :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! :)
DeleteI'll have to look into that book. We are just getting into the legos around here. When I was little, my sister and I made ball gowns with the legos-- my girls like them too!
ReplyDeleteBall gowns! I love that! I'll have to tell my girls. :)
Delete