Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, REAL


Happy Easter!


This week at our house things mostly feel REAL!  A cold has stricken the entire clan and it is COLD outdoors too!  It's supposed to be our Spring Break.  Hmmmm......oh yeah,  Mama had a milestone birthday too.

PRETTY


Many moons ago, during college, I spent a semester in Austria.  I was blessed in so many ways that Spring but one outstanding memory was the Palm Sunday weekend spent with a family from Slovakia.  The Grandmother gifted me with her homemade husk figures.  I received a hand painted ostrich egg (since broken by one admiring toddler) and a corn husk nativity (packed away for Advent).

Each Easter season they are lovingly displayed.  





HAPPY


My family treated me to a very special birthday Easter Monday.

My husband surprised me with these beauties!
My sister gifted me from afar with this gorgeous and delicious treat!
Cheesecake surrounded by my precious gifts.  Blackboard tells all!

FUNNY


We have baby earthworms hatching in our kitchen. 
Not appetizing but fascinating. 

Aren't they cute???
 
Michael, budding entomologist, rinsing worm eggs in kitchen sink.  Ick!


 

REAL


Baby Christopher received his first boo boo, is teething and an ooey gooey mess with his first full blown cold.




Yesterday I woke up to no diapers for the newly turned 3 year old!
Sigh...I've been thinking maybe it's time.
Well there's never a convenient time to potty train, so let's give it a whirl.




Reading this book over and over in the bathroom.

No success yet.




7 comments:

  1. Poor Christopher! Peter awoke this morning really sick too. Bleck. Good luck on the lofty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the potty training, For some reason Cactus Hotel was the book of choice for one of my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that Suess book before. Happy potty training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the story of a boy fishing from a small hole where he imagines all the sorts of fish headed his way!

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a happy birthday. :-) Hang in there with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is telling me, "I not gonna do it." :)

      Delete